Motorcycle CBT | Motorcycle Rider Training | Motorcycle TrainingMotorcycle Rider Training | Motorcycle Training | Motorcycle CBTMotorcycle CBT | Motorcycle Training | Motorcycle Rider TrainingMotorcycle CBT | Motorcycle Training | Motorcycle Rider TrainingMotorcycle CBT | Motorcycle Training | Motorcycle Rider Training

Motorcycle rider training

Motorcycle UK started in 1995 and has become THE destination for quality biking brands and info.

Advertise HERE!

ADS Rider training | Motorcycle CBT | Motorcycle Training | Motorcycle Rider Training Scootersafe | Motorcycle Training | Motorcycle CBT | Motorcycle Rider Training

Specialists in training riders of motorcycles and scooters from beginners and refreshers, through to those seeking advanced skills.
We cover a large area of the UK including - Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, London and Cambridgeshire.


Scootersafe is an initiative set up by PC Neil Colledge to help new scooter riders in Warwickshire become safer and more confident road users.
Accompanied rideouts will be on a one to one basis and you will be taught important survival skills to help you stay safe out on the roads.

Motorcycle Training Information

Motorcycle CBT   (Compulsory Basic Training)

The CBT course is required by all new riders except full moped licence holders. The CBT course consists of a classroom briefing on laws and safety then moves on to the rider training on our custom-built training circuit.

If you have a provisional motorcycle licence, you MUST satisfactorily complete a Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) course. You can then ride on the public road, with L plates (in Wales either D plates, L plates or both can be used), for up to two years. To obtain your full motorcycle licence you MUST pass a motorcycle theory test and then a practical test.

If you have a full car licence you may ride motorcycles up to 125 cc and 11 kW power output, with L plates (and/or D plates in Wales), on public roads, but you MUST still first satisfactorily complete a CBT course if you have not already done so.

A2 Restricted Licence

The A2 restricted licence course allows riders to ride any motorcycle up to 33bhp for 2 years, then any motorcycle after the 2 year period. You must be 17 years old or older and hold a full car or provisional motorcycle licence and have a Motorcycle Theory Test Certificate.
Train and test on a 125cc motorcycle
which can be completed over 3-5 d

D.A.S. Unrestricted licence

Direct or Accelerated Access enables riders over the age of 21 to ride larger motorcycles sooner. To obtain a licence to do so they are required to

  • have successfully completed a CBT course
  • pass a theory test, if they are required to do so
  • pass a practical test on a machine with power output of at least 35 kW

To practise, they can ride larger motorcycles, with L plates (and/or D plates in Wales), on public roads, but only when accompanied by an approved instructor on another motorcycle in radio contact.

You MUST NOT carry a pillion passenger or pull a trailer until you have passed your test.

On completion of the D.A.S and relevant test, the rider will be entitled to a full motorcycle licence, allowing the rider to use any CC and bhp motorcycle.
Training is usually performed on a 500cc motorcycle and can be completed over 3-5 days

Advanced Motorcycle Rider Training

Advanced training course is for riders who want to improve there riding skills,
Fully qualified instructors will cover all the necessary requirements for safe and fun riding in today's environments. Often these courses can be carried out on your own motorcycle or a ‘hire’ machine. Bikesafe police run courses are often run in many regions.